Team Build Woes

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I've been looking into the white framework (along with prism for a WPF app) and the main thing I want to accomplish is automation of UI tests through a team build server.  I can't get it to work and was wondering if anyone has been able to come up with any workarounds.

This is the error message I get from team build.

Couldn't find window with title Teton in process 20624, after waiting for 30000 ms

I can watch the process start up on the build server but the UI doesn't actually show on the screen.  The test, of course, runs fine on my local machine.

Anybody else run into this and been able to get automated tests working with team build?

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Can the service that runs your tests and build access the UI. It's a setting on the service?

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I don't have access (meaning password) to the service account that the team build process is running under.  Our environment also makes it so I can't set my account as the account that runs the service.  I can see the process running in the task manager and the owner is the service account.  But, the UI never shows on the screen and since I can't log in with the service account, I'm not sure that is showing on the screen for the service account.  My guess is that the Team Build Service is not allowed to display the UI.

What service would have the setting? I looked at the Team Build Service but didn't see any configuration for the UI?

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM

have you looked here