White/Bricks Exception: Previous call to new with type...

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Edited Nov 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Hello

when i use White via Get(SearchCriteria.ByAutomationId(automationId)) I get some low level exceptions from bricks.

A typical exception that i see is:

Bricks.TraceException: Previous call to New with type 'CoreConfiguration' and method 'BusyTimeout' was not followed by call to Member/MemberPath.

Questions:

a) What is causing this? How can i prevent it / fix it?

I modified the BusyTimout value from a default of 5000 to 10000. It helps but does not fix the issue completely.

b) What is Bricks, where does it come from and is source available?

Bricks.TraceException: Previous call to New with type 'CoreConfiguration' and method 'BusyTimeout' was not followed by call to Member/MemberPath.
   at Bricks.CodePath.New[T]() in D:\bricks\Bricks\CodePath.cs:line 20
   at Core.Configuration.UIItemIdAppXmlConfiguration.get_VerticalScrollBar() in d:\white\Core\Configuration\UIItemIdAppXmlConfiguration.cs:line 84
   at Core.UIItems.Scrolling.ScrollBars.FindVerticalBar(FindElement findElement) in d:\white\Core\UIItems\Scrolling\ScrollBars.cs:line 41
   at Core.UIItems.Scrolling.ScrollBars.get_Vertical() in d:\white\Core\UIItems\Scrolling\ScrollBars.cs:line 36
   at Core.UIItems.Scrolling.ScreenItem..ctor(UIItem uiItem, IScrollBars scrollBars) in d:\white\Core\UIItems\Scrolling\ScreenItem.cs:line 18
   at Core.UIItems.WindowItems.Window.ActionPerforming(UIItem uiItem) in d:\white\Core\UIItems\WindowItems\Window.cs:line 403
   at Core.Interceptors.ScrollInterceptor.PreProcess(IInvocation invocation, Object target) in d:\white\Core\Interceptors\ScrollInterceptor.cs:line 13
   at Bricks.DynamicProxy.DynamicProxyInterceptors.<>c__DisplayClass6.<Process>b__4(DynamicProxyInterceptor obj) in D:\bricks\Bricks\DynamicProxy\DynamicProxyIn
terceptors.cs:line 19
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at Bricks.DynamicProxy.DynamicProxyInterceptors.Process(IInvocation invocation, InterceptContext interceptedContext) in D:\bricks\Bricks\DynamicProxy\Dynamic
ProxyInterceptors.cs:line 19
   at Core.Interceptors.CoreInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation) in d:\white\Core\Interceptors\CoreInterceptor.cs:line 29
   at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed() in d:\OSS\Castle\Tools\Castle.DynamicProxy2\Castle.DynamicProxy\AbstractInvocation.cs:line 165
   at TextBoxProxyb8fc0ff1ed5146fd9bd5218be4e57149.get_Text()

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM

what code are you using? can you post it here?

May 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM
Edited May 14, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I am getting this error very frequently.  

Following are some of the stack traces:

Bricks.TraceException : Previous call to New with type 'CoreConfiguration' and method 'BusyTimeout' was not followed by call to Member/MemberPath.
at Bricks.CodePath.New[T]()
at White.Core.Configuration.CoreAppXmlConfiguration.get_BusyTimeout()
at White.Core.Constants.get_BusyMessage()
at White.Core.Factory.WindowFactory.FindWindowElement(Process process, String title)
at White.Core.Factory.WindowFactory.CreateWindow(String title, Process process, InitializeOption option, WindowSession windowSession)
at White.Core.Application.GetWindow(String title, InitializeOption option)

Bricks.TraceException : Previous call to New with type 'CoreConfiguration' and method '' was not followed by call to Member/MemberPath.
at Bricks.CodePath.New[T]()
at White.Core.Configuration.CoreAppXmlConfiguration.get_BusyTimeout()
at White.Core.Constants.get_BusyMessage()
at White.Core.UIItems.WindowItems.Window.WaitWhileBusy()
at White.Core.UIItems.WindowItems.Window.InitializeWindow()
at White.Core.UIItems.WindowItems.Window..ctor(AutomationElement automationElement, InitializeOption initializeOption, WindowSession windowSession)
at White.Core.UIItems.WindowItems.WPFWindow..ctor(AutomationElement automationElement, WindowFactory windowFactory, InitializeOption initializeOption, WindowSession windowSession)
at White.Core.Factory.ChildWindowFactory.Create(AutomationElement element, InitializeOption option, WindowSession windowSession)
at White.Core.Factory.WindowFactory.CreateWindow(String title, Process process, InitializeOption option, WindowSession windowSession)
at White.Core.Application.GetWindow(String title, InitializeOption option)

Can i get a workaround for this one? This exception is really killing my app right now. I started seeing it only after i upgraded to 0.19 release

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Can you provide a sample test code (only) to where the problem is happening.

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Is there a solution to the Bricks.TraceException problem? Please let us know.