access owner drawn controls

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM

There is difficulty accessing owner drawn controls. This is a known issue and I think many people got the same problem. So there will be much people with a good solution to this problem.

What I think is that I can use the user32.dll to move the mouse. But this not what I want. I like to keep the mouse on the same spot so users can't move it and influence the result.

I'm used to AutoIT where this all is possible. So there would be solutions possible in C# without AutoIT.

Does anyone knows some kind of solution?

Kind regards!

Roel Alblas

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:23 AM

You are asking two questions here:

Re: Owner drawn controls, can you elaborate bit more what do you mean by it.

Re: Moving the mouse, Are you looking for a solution using which you can lock the mouse so that the user on the workstation cannot move it until it is unlocked?

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:39 AM

What I meant with owner drawn controls is the following. These are controls you and I can't see in eg UISpy. They are in some kind of way projected on the screen without really being there for UI Automation. In AutoIT it is possible to fire a controlclick event where the control is defined by Class (the container where the control is in) and the position is given by x and y. I think this is possible in White also but how?

If there is no other solution for owner drawn controls the second answer is how I like to do it.

Sep 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM

White is based on UIAutomation. Hence it doesn't support owner drawn controls, my guess is you are talking about something like Internet Explorer drawing controls on an html page.