Problem with Keyboard.Instance.Enter

Jun 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I'm having trouble entering text with Keyboard.Instance.Enter method.

It all works fine until I try to enter some string with '[' our ']'. In this case it enters 8 and 9 instead of the square brackets.

I don't know if it's a known issue or not but I couldn't find any reference in the Issue Tracker.

I'm using version 0.18.

José Tavares

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 2:59 AM

This definitely works. Have a look at ShouldSetTheValueOfATextBox in KeyboardTest in the white source code. Since I would not be able reproduce it on my machine, can you try out this test and see what is happening, sorry cannot help anymore.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I'm not familiar with NUnit so I'm having trouble running the KeyboardTest. Can you help me?

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2009 at 3:00 PM

you can you nunit gui runner. load the dll and execute the test. I use resharper which comes with unit run.

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:42 AM

When I try to run it in NUnit GUI I get this Exception:

Core.InputDevices.KeyboardTest (TestFixtureSetUp):
System.NullReferenceException : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Core.Testing.ControlsActionTest.BaseTestFixtureTearDown() in C:\Documents and Settings\jtavares\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\White\Core\Testing\ControlsActionTest.cs:line 36
at Core.Testing.CoreTestTemplate.TextFixtureTearDown() in C:\Documents and Settings\jtavares\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\White\Core\Testing\CoreTestTemplate.cs:line 49
at Core.Testing.CoreTestTemplate.LaunchApplication() in C:\Documents and Settings\jtavares\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\White\Core\Testing\CoreTestTemplate.cs:line 32

thanks

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I think it is look for test application executables to be present here..

..\..\..\WPFTestApp\bin\debug\WindowsPresentationFramework.exe

or..

..\..\..\WinFormsTestApp\bin\debug\WinFormsTestApp.exe

Please make sure that they are present there. I need to make this configurable and explicit.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.