DataGrid Behavior Problems

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM
I am seeing 2 problems with the automation of a DataGrid control.  First, when the DataGrid has more than 1 page of items the performance for getting a row that is not currently displayed is very poor.  It literally takes minutes to select the last row in a DataGrid that contains 120 items.  Second, when a row is selected that not displayed in the current page the row is not brought into view -- meaning that the DataGrid control does not scroll the row into view.  Are there any work arounds or pending fixes for these issues?
Jan 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM
I think this is a UI Automation problem and not a White problem.  I can see the same problem when using UISpy.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 11:52 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Second, when a row is selected that not displayed in the current page the row is not brought into view -- meaning that the DataGrid control does not scroll the row into view.  Are there any work arounds or pending fixes for these issues?

Would it be possible for you to provide some sample code to illustrate this behaviour.