Use Panel as gridview

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I've tried looking for a solution here and elsewhere online but haven't found anything solid.

Im pulling my hair out trying to get (what look to be) gridview cell values out of a panel in a Win32 app.  I was hoping there was some way of casting a Panel control from the application into a datagrid or some kind of useful white control, however, only casting to a panel will not throw an exception.

Panels unfortunately have no item/cell/row properties so I cannot find where the values are located in order to process them in any way.

When I save the control from the app into a UIItem.panel object, at run-time, the object has an actionlistener property with an items collection that appears to be a list of controls/items.

Is there a standard way to pull panels with a gridview structure into a usable collection object?

Heres the code I have for grabbing the object:

Dim _App As App  
Dim StartInfo As New ProcessStartInfo("path.exe")
_App = App.Launch(StartInfo)

If _App Is Nothing Then
       Exit Sub
End If

Window = _App.GetWindows()(0)

Dim _panel As Panel = DirectCast(Window.[Get](SearchCriteria.ByAutomationId("2001")), Panel)

Here is the control informatyion from UIAVerfy:
ClassName:pbdw70
AutomationID:2001
ControlType:ControlType.Pane
FrameworkID:Win32
Name:none

Kind of a shot in the dark but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

May 23, 2014 at 3:56 AM
First time to see such kind of topic, don't know if some WinForms UI Panel control can do this or not.
Feb 17, 2015 at 7:45 PM
I have the similar issue. Did you get the solution? if yes, please share the solution. As per my analysis, those are not panes, those are 3rd party controls like Stingray but UIVerify recognize them as Pane.