Groups of UIItems

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM
I have a slight problem I need to solve and have a solution but don't know if you have already implemented it.

OK, on windows you have UIItems, now in my application I have lots of UserControls so lots of duplicate UIItems. Instead of having to re-get the UIItems on every window which uses a certain UserControl is there a way I can group all those UIItems and instead load 1 thing. Can I point out when looking at UISpy at the window, these UIItems are not inside a pane/group/panel so I can't create a CustomUIItem type.

I have solved this by just putting all the code in a seperate class but this is a bit of a hack solution I feel. I had a look at some of the code behind the scenes and found UIItemContainer but I think this is for a set of UIItems inside a pane.
Dec 8, 2008 at 4:23 PM
i wouldn't say what you are doing is a hack.
there might be something you can do with using Repository, which is still in beta. so you might have to work with the source code
Dec 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Sadly I can't use the Repositoy due to issues with our program. So I have had to basically create my own WindowFactory. Will have to see what happens in 0.18, any ideas when this will be out?