Base State

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hello,

I'm having great success with this tool- more (or at least faster) than with the windows.automation itself. Thank you!

I've stated by creating methods for common areas of the SUT UI. From there I will develop Classes for each high-level testcase group and methods within the class for each testcase.

I've used Borland's Silktest over the years (previous job) and enjoy the base state - style programming/scripting that it offers. I'd like to do something similar with white. I should mention I'm using c# with white.

Any ideas on how to do this? I've considered threaded-style programming. Just to clarify - a base state would be a "stable" state of the UI where each test case would begin. If an unexpected error message / modal window / dialog box appeared, it would be captured/logged appropriately, the test would be failed (or flagged for unexpected response). Instead of the test application crashing, it would return to a base state.

With that said, it's probably a separate challenge to detect (and capture) unwanted windows without checking after every call. Should I use yet another thread to accomplish this?

Any help is appreciated.