Support for Calendar Control Type

Nov 10, 2008 at 6:47 PM
Could you please add support for Calendar Control Type? We are using a 3rd part control. UISpy reports the control type as ControlType.Calendar. It's not a supported primary UIItem in White. Could I use DateTimePicker?

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Have you seen this.
You can add support yourself for this.
Nov 13, 2008 at 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Vivek.

I have successfully implemented other custom controls as suggested in your reply. I assumed I couldn't use this because the ControlType is not Custom, Group, Pane or Window, it's ControlType.Calendar (i.e System.Windows.Automation.ControlType.Calendar). What type should I declare for ControlTypeMapping? I have tried this and can't get it to work and am assuming that the problem is that the usage of this is restricted to ControlType -> Custom, Group, Pane or Window. If you think that this should work, then I'll try and figure out what I might be doing wrong, in which case any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully, I'll be able to be able to do what you suggested. However as this is a standard automation control type, I think it is well worth adding support for this control type, even if it's just basic for now.
Nov 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM
I agree I would add that to white custom control type list.
Meanwhile you would have do it yourself by downloading the source code for white. You would have to make obvious changes to
CustomControlTypeMapping and CustomUIItemType.
Let me know if you face any difficulties.

Nov 15, 2008 at 6:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.