ListView does not return the whole datagrid

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I am using the ListView element to retrieve the contents of a datagrid. The number of rows that are in the list is apparently related to the number of rows that are visible, but not exactly. What I want is the whole datagrid, not just what's visible. How is that done with White?

The count returned from list.Rows.Count is 11. If I ignore the count and just access the rows until I get UIItemSearchException, there are always 37. I noticed the person who wrote http://white.codeplex.com/discussions/392128 also gets 11 rows. I think there must be a way to read the whole datagrid without doing scrolling, as is suggested in 392128.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hi

The problem is the implementation of the ListView himself.

There is a form of Lazy Loading (data virtualization) used. So the Datagrid loads not the complete Datagrid only a part. If the user scrolls other parts will be reloaded if needed.

In that case the UIAutomation can see only the loaded elements, the other does not exist for UIAutomation.

But in that case White has no chance to see the whole content.

The only way for the tester is scrolling!!!!.

If you can reach the developer he should disable data virtualization. But in fact then there is a performance impact.

Throndorin