White and Bricks

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Edited Jul 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM

To Throndorin and other White Developers,

Do you know anything about the Bricks Runtime Framework and the Castle Framework that White is built on?

I can't find any documentation that says where Bricks and Castle came from and I am interested in their origins...

I have been using White for quite a while now and it has proved most successful in creating my own Automation API (built specifically for my application). I am just interested in the very low layers of it. I figured White would (at its base) do some sort of search based on Windows Automation, but it seems it relies on the Bricks Framework to create Item Maps of the Applications windows and generates UIItems from their location in the Maps.

Any further clues? Thanks

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM

First I'm not a White developer :) "only" a user.

I have found in the white forum this:

White: working with source

May you can find more infos following the given links.

You can also try to ask viveksingh using mail, Xing, Facebook or Twitter

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM
The bricks dependency has been dropped if you install TestStack.White (White has been moved into the TestStack org on github) http://teststack.github.com/White/
Feb 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Hi Jake,
I am using White through MIcrosoft Visual C# by using White.Core.dll and Bricks.dll as references. As per your comment bricks dependency is now dropped so, in order to reference it now in my project which dll's should I use.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Edited Feb 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM
If you remove the references manually, delete the dlls you are currently referencing, then install from NuGet everything will just work.