Control Panel Dialog

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I am having some issues working with White when trying to command a Control Panel Dialog similar to the Sound Dialog. UISpy says that it is a Dialog under the Desktop Window, how would I go about getting access to that dialog. I have not been able to find anything related and any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank You

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Hi

The best way would be to find out which process is related to this dialog.

Then use Application.Attach(process); to get the Application, and from the application get the window.,

or better find out the .exe to start the application

Other way (very slow) use Desktop.Instance.Windows to get a list with all Windows on Desktop.

Throndorin

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Throndorin,

Although I have not tried the Application.Attach route yet I am doughtful for a couple reasons: I know the name of the backend exe number one, I was calling the exe via Application.Launch(path) number two, and finally because when I took this route and looked at the applications wiondow count it was zero...

I believe the problem is related to the window not being a window but rather a dialog., but maybe I am wrong ....

Thoughts ...

On Jul 26, 2012 4:00 AM, "Throndorin" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi

The best way would be to find out which process is related to this dialog.

Then use Application.Attach(process); to get the Application, and from the application get the window.,

or better find out the .exe to start the application

Other way (very slow) use Desktop.Instance.Windows to get a list with all Windows on Desktop.

Throndorin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (white@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email white@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Have you tried Desktop.Instance.Windows?