XStream.NET source code?

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:38 PM
I'm trying to rebuild White 0.17 from its source code to strong name the assemblies. We have a requirement that all assemblies, including test assemblies, need to be strong named. I followed the link on the source code page to http://code.google.com/p/xstream-dot-net/downloads/list for Xstream.NET, but it appears that the version of Xstream.NET that you're using in White is newer than the released version on the Google Code web site.

Where did you get your copy of Xstream.NET from? Can you point me to the newer version of the source code?

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:10 AM
White infact is using little older version of xstream. I maintain xstream.net myself (nothing more than just odd code modification right now).
Can you let me know what is problem you are facing in compilation?
Oct 3, 2008 at 3:23 AM
The problem that I'm seeing is that the source code for XStream.NET in the Google Code repository is missing code that White calls. I had to open the XStream.Core.dll assembly that came with the White 0.17 release in Reflector to get the code modifications for the FileXStream class, for example. In the code that I see in the Google Code Subversion repository, FileXStream is missing the xStream field, and FromFile, ToXml, AddConverter, and AddIgnoreAttribute methods. Then there were a handful of other compiler errors that I had to get through. The changes that I found were compiler-reported errors so far, so I don't know if there are additional modifications to the code that aren't present in the XStream.Core.dll assembly based on my modifications.

The main issue is that I need to strong name the White assemblies, and thus all of the dependent assemblies. This wasn't so much a problem for the Bricks toolkit because that was pretty painless to do, but XStream.NET turned out to be a big problem because the source code that is publicly available doesn't match the version that White was written to use apparently.

Is there any chance that you could update the Google Code repository for XStream.NET with the code that matches White, or modify White to use the publicly available code for XStream.NET?
Oct 4, 2008 at 6:06 PM
I have checked in the code which would work with white. Please update the xstream code.
Let me know if you face any problems. Sorry for the trouble.