Can't find TreeItem

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Hi,

I use the following code: 

searchCriteria =

SearchCriteria.ByControlType(ControlType.TreeItem).AndByText("Node0");
TreeNode node = window.Get<TreeNode>(searchCriteria);

UISpy tells me that this control is in my application (DevExpress based), Unfortunately White throws an exception: +  e {"Could not find TestControl for ControlType=tree view item and FrameworkId:"} System.Exception {Core.Mappings.ControlDictionaryException}

I have no idea why :-(

Any ideas or a work around. I would like to use White to automate tests for a new feature of our management solution.

Regards,
Raymund

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2008 at 7:25 AM
from window you can find only primary UIItems. which means you need to first get the tree and then from the tree you find the nodes inside.
(sorry for the confusion I need to work of doing something so that this is self explanatory. this is documented but thats not enough obviously because quite a few people have faced the same problem.)
Sep 13, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Hi Vivek,

thanks for the pointer. Obviously it is a good idea, to use meaningful variable names :-)

As I struggled a bit with the documentation myself, I might write a small tutorial while implementing the test program. Let me know if you would find that useful.

Regards,
Raymund
Coordinator
Nov 9, 2008 at 12:53 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.