How to get a frame?

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Hi:

I have controls of the same IDs and same captions,but of different frames, So how can I get the frame ? I'v tried GroupBox, but couldn't find the frame?

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Or, can I get the frame as a container?If so ,how?

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Hi

use UIAVerify or UISpy (Microsoft SDK) to see the structure of UIAutomation Elements. This will show you the hierarchy order of the elements. You can also use Snoop (WPF only) but this will show you all elements (also the not UIAutomation visible items). 

The most elements you can also get as UIItem (base class of most White controls)

Throndorin

lyla please take care here all your posts are 3 times in the forum.

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Hi:
I'm using another spy.exe to see controls,but can't get the following picture's frame.

Thanks a lot!

To: Lyla-Lan Yuan/CNAUS/ABB@ABB_CN01
Date: 02/22/2012 03:56 PM
Subject: Re: How to get a frame? [white:339217]

Hi

use UIAVerify or UISpy (Microsoft SDK) to see the structure of UIAutomation Elements. This will show you the hierarchy order of the elements. You can also use Snoop (WPF only) but this will show you all elements (also the not UIAutomation visible items).

The most elements you can also get as UIItem (base class of most White controls)

Throndorin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (white@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email white@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

*** Attention ***
This electronic mail including attachments is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material and information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this material and information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete all contents of the e-mail as well as any copies made.
Thank You!

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:30 AM

can you upload a picture of your app showing how the user will see it and mark the known controls, if you can't find a solution.

upload to imageshack for example and post link here

Throndorin

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:30 AM

can you upload a picture of your app showing how the user will see it and mark the known controls, if you can't find a solution.

Throndorin

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Hi:
By UIAVerfiy, I found the ControlType of my frame is Pane. But the "White.Core.UIItems;" didn't have such control,like that of combo box for example.

Date: 02/22/2012 04:44 PM

Throndorin

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (white@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email white@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

*** Attention ***
This electronic mail including attachments is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material and information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this material and information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete all contents of the e-mail as well as any copies made.
Thank You!

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:00 AM
I can't open the imageshack right now.can't upload.

Date: 02/22/2012 04:44 PM

Throndorin

*** Attention ***
Thank You!

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:04 AM

ControlTypeToUIItemMapping might be helpful

Pane is a Container so you can also use UIItem.

Problem: in some cases 3rd Party Controls have implemented there controls so the ControlType is Pane but it is a other control (for example a ComboBox). In this cases the users had to use the fall-back to UIAutomation to get the needed functions.

Throndorin

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM
It is a frame(VB) ,but pane by the UIAVerify.Inside the frame, we put some other controls .So ,it is a container fundamentally . I'm sure it's not other control.
I have tried to get the frame by "Pane", which is mapping to "PropertyGrid" or" DataTimePicker" in white.core.UIItem ,but all failed.

Could I get it by inherited by some other UIItem or by writing a similar function to get the desired control ? If so ,could you give me some example?

Thanks a lot.

*** Attention ***
Thank You!