Access to Scroll Buttons(Spinner) on TabControl

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:10 PM
I'm trying to get access to the scroll buttons on a tabcontrol that I have multiple pages on it. I believe this is a spinner, but I can't seem to get access to it.

I wrote a sample application with just a tabcontrol on it with 13 pages so the spinner shows up. Using White Record I see this.

using Core.UIItems;
using Core.UIItems.WindowItems;
using Repository;
public partial class SampleApplication : Repository.AppScreen {
    private Core.UIItems.WindowStripControls.MenuBar menuStrip1;
    private Core.UIItems.TabItems.Tab tabControl1;
    private Core.UIItems.Spinner Spin;
    protected SampleApplication() {
    }
    public SampleApplication(Core.UIItems.WindowItems.Window window, Repository.ScreenRepository screenRepository) :
            base(window, screenRepository) {
    }
}

It my test method I look for the spinner called Spin and it returns a null.

Core.UIItems.Spinner spinner = m_mainWindow.Get<Core.UIItems.Spinner>("Spin");
      Assert.IsNotNull(spinner);

Should I be looking for this scroll buttons(spinner) in a different form?

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Spinner is for NumericUpDown control. Can you do a m_mainWindow.LogStructure() and send me the output of it. You should have configured log4net correctly.
Aug 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM
I figured out a way around this.

Since I have access to the tabControl (Tab) and the tabPages after going through all of the pages which scrolled the page1 out of view from the screen I just selected the page I wanted to get into and requested focus on it.

pageOne.Focus();    // Page One tabPage is remembered when I looped through all of the pages in the tab.
pageOne.Click();

The correct page is focused.

Another way to get around this is to press the Left Arrow Key until the page that you want focused is correct.