Access to Scroll Buttons(Spinner) on TabControl

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:10 PM
I'm trying to get access to the scroll buttons on a tabcontrol that I have multiple pages on it. I believe this is a spinner, but I can't seem to get access to it.

I wrote a sample application with just a tabcontrol on it with 13 pages so the spinner shows up. Using White Record I see this.

using Core.UIItems;
using Core.UIItems.WindowItems;
using Repository;
public partial class SampleApplication : Repository.AppScreen {
    private Core.UIItems.WindowStripControls.MenuBar menuStrip1;
    private Core.UIItems.TabItems.Tab tabControl1;
    private Core.UIItems.Spinner Spin;
    protected SampleApplication() {
    public SampleApplication(Core.UIItems.WindowItems.Window window, Repository.ScreenRepository screenRepository) :
            base(window, screenRepository) {

It my test method I look for the spinner called Spin and it returns a null.

Core.UIItems.Spinner spinner = m_mainWindow.Get<Core.UIItems.Spinner>("Spin");

Should I be looking for this scroll buttons(spinner) in a different form?

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Spinner is for NumericUpDown control. Can you do a m_mainWindow.LogStructure() and send me the output of it. You should have configured log4net correctly.
Aug 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM
I figured out a way around this.

Since I have access to the tabControl (Tab) and the tabPages after going through all of the pages which scrolled the page1 out of view from the screen I just selected the page I wanted to get into and requested focus on it.

pageOne.Focus();    // Page One tabPage is remembered when I looped through all of the pages in the tab.

The correct page is focused.

Another way to get around this is to press the Left Arrow Key until the page that you want focused is correct.