Third-party control

Jul 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM
We are using a third-party date picker by Syncfusion. The date text ("12/30/2008") and the icon to click each show up in UISpy as control type "pane." When the icon is clicked, the calendar shows up having name "2008." Nowhere can we get or set the date; there is no value property or anything else showing the date.

Do you know of a way to get and set the date? Our thinking has led us to the following two workarounds:

a. Get the control's coordinates and read or type the text using mouse and keyboard ... we haven't explored exactly how to do this yet.

b. Embed, in the application under test, a hidden control that is read from each time the control is updated and that updates the visible control each time it is itself updated. Then our tests will access the hidden control, not the visible one.

Any cleaner or simpler suggestion?
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2008 at 6:51 PM
Is it possible for you to send me a small executable or program (with dlls) which I can run and analyze the UI?
The harder and right way is to implement Server Side UI Providers for the date control, which would reveal the information that it should.
Jul 24, 2008 at 5:08 PM
How can I send you a small program with dlls - is there a preferred e-mail address? Or should I post it on a site?
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Please send it to viveksingh123@yahoo.com
Jun 14, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Hi All,

I face the issue with the dll in my application too. I could not read the controls in the application. Our test could not access the controls with the application using dll(the dll was made by our developers). Please help me on this.