Core.dll file is not trusted

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM
I have added the Core.dll in reference folder and I am using Core in my test as well so when I try run the test, the test aborts right away and displayed me an error message "Failed to Queue Test Run 'Administrator@SYE 2008-07-09 17:22:35' with id {b9346-07db-4a0a-a213-542faac960}: Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.TestManagement.ExecutionException: Test Run deployment issue: The location of the file or directory 'c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\testproject2\testproject2\bin\debug\Core.dll' is not trusted.". I can't get rid of this error message for some reason, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Could you please help me with this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Right click on the file and choose properties, there's a button "Unblock". Click it then re-add the reference.
Jul 10, 2008 at 1:14 PM
Just to be clear, right click in your windows explorer, not visual studio.
Jul 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help. I did exactly whatever you said but the system disaplying me the same error message. Do you know what else I can do to get rid of this message?

Thanks.

jackc wrote:
Right click on the file and choose properties, there's a button "Unblock". Click it then re-add the reference.

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Try restarting Visual Studio if you haven't tried it yet. Also, is your error message still about Core.dll? Because you need to unblock all files, maybe the error is talking about the next dll.
Jul 10, 2008 at 7:46 PM
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate your help. I have resolved this issue but I ran into another error message. I have created a new Test Project to run my test, the following are the detail of that error message:

Error Message: Test method UI_Project.UnitTest1.TestMethod1 threw exception:  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

Standard Console Output: Section: Bricks in SectionGroup: Bricks is not configured in Configuration file Using RecheckDurationInMilliseconds=100 for Bricks/Bricks

Standard Console Error: Log4Net not configured. Looked for file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\UI Project\TestResults\Administrator_PMDICIP38 2008-07-10 15_30_37\Out\log4net.config

I guess I need to setup a configuration in 'log4net.config' and 'App.Config' files. But I don't know how to do it, I did try configure the files but did not work. I would really appreciate it if you could help to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

jackc wrote:
Try restarting Visual Studio if you haven't tried it yet. Also, is your error message still about Core.dll? Because you need to unblock all files, maybe the error is talking about the next dll.

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:26 PM

It should be a bug in your code not the configuration. I never configured Bricks nor log4net because I don't really need them. I'm getting the same console output complaining about the config files but everything else works fine.

Dec 30, 2008 at 6:17 PM
You can also download the source code to bricks, comment out the offending console output and rebuild the bricks assemblies.  This is what I've done because I found the console output to be annoying too.