Running white under x64 build host program

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Sorry if this is already discussed thing, but I'm not just quite sure stll...

So the question itself:

Is it possible to run White under x64 build program. I have read that nunit-console needs to be run in x86 an so on, and in fact I thought it was nunit-side problem (if I understood it right).

So I did own test runner for that (because we must have x64 program in order to create our tests: new databases an so on).

Now when I try to click e.g. some button, it will not be clicked. I have moved the (attached) mouse top of the wanted button via "window.Mouse.Location" and after that window.mouse.click().

In addition I can not now use the Keyboard to e.g. press some hotkeys (which speeds up a lot).

Is it possible to somehow fix those mouse/keyboard (like by myself)?

Edit:

So the problem is this (in a nutshell):

Program which we want to test is, Addin (A), which is run under a host program (H).

H is a x64 build program and A must be also. A uses a database of our own, which is/should be created using a x64 dll. Now if we want to create a new fresh database in our tests, we must use x64 host program to create that database (because the dll) in order to use that same database in our code...

H --> use --> A --> use dll (x64) --> database

TestRunner --> use dll (x64) --> database

TestRunner --> use White --> use H --> A

It is a shame if this does not work under x64 build host program, because the framework itself is pretty cool and powerful.

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.