Silverlight Beta 2

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM
As far as I know, Silverlight Beta 2 supports UIAutomation and has been released. Is there any word on how white is working with the newest version of Silverlight?
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 8:02 PM
You should be able to get something in release 0.17.
Meanwhile since browser is yet another window you give a shot at it anyway. (UISpy would be useful)
Jun 16, 2008 at 10:14 PM
We tried with UISpy and really didn't get anything. We'll wait for v. 0.17 to revisit White with Silverlight.
Jul 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM
Just an update, was able to get something with release 0.16. Using UISpy you can see Silverlight's TextBlock's and Buttons. I was able to click a button using white, but am currently unable to get data from the TextBlock. I don't think White recognizes a TextBlock, and I used "Label" and it didn't throw an exception, but it returned a null value. Will keep trying.
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2008 at 6:00 AM
The story with silverlight so far has been like this:
1. As soon as it came out I tried UISpy on it. UISpy could find it but everything was Custom control type. This doesn't help much.
2. http://www.jeff.wilcox.name/2008/06/11/silverlight-unit-test-framework-download-for-silverlight-2-beta-2/
Need to check whether it is unit testing like or would suite functional testing as well.
3. There is something here which suggests that for testing InternalVisible property needs to be used. I would try this and see if UISpy can see more.
Jul 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM
I tried the internalsVisible, but have had no success. In the AssemblyInfo file on my project I set:

[

assembly: InternalsVisibleTo("UISpy")]

No new controls got exposed though.

Sep 12, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Hello,

Did you manage to add SL support with the 0.17 release? I don't see this mentioned in the release notes.

Thanks,
-Konstantin
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2008 at 6:32 AM
no. i wasn't able to because I am not able get hold of unique automationids.
I need do more work on it, I didnt want to delay release for the important bug fixes.
is there a way I can keep you uptodate with whats happening. although I am planning to do all issue tracking on codeplex.
Sep 15, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Hi,

It seems the email notifications on posting a reply functions properly here, so keep this thread up to date please. Thank you!

All the best,
-Konstantin
Sep 19, 2008 at 1:38 PM
We didn't see any change either. We'll also monitor the email reply in this thread to stay informed.
Dec 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM
I have had great sucess with Silverlight and WhiteUI except when the Silverlight  application is running in "Windowless" mode.  In this mode UISpy presents the whole application as one control.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 10:49 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.