Does White/Microsoft Automation Support .Net 4.0?

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Does White/Microsoft Automation Support .Net 4.0?

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:49 AM

UI Automation is part of .Net 4.0 and White support this too.

Throndorin

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I currently have .Net 3.5 Wpf project that I used White to automate. It automates it very well but when i upgrade my wpf project to .net 4.0, most of my ui elements disappear and my automation fails.

I did a comparison between .Net 3.5 project and upgrading to .Net 4.0 project using UISpy/UIAVerify and in .Net 4.0 project I cannot see the contents inside of a Tab but when i downgrade back to .Net 3.5, I am able to see it.

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I know the problem with the tabs, I solve this by switching between the tabs before selecting the needed tab and getting elements from it.

This is a change in .Net 4.0 I have see the problem in a tool where you can see all WPF controls  (I forget the name of the tool, I will have a look a soon as possible )

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:43 PM

In code I am not able to grab the elements. It seems like UISpy/UIAVerfiy and code uses same API to try to access the elements. Since UISpy/UIAVerfiy cannot find it, code cant either.

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Hi,

Can anybody please help me to fix my problem using White Framework. I mean, I am trying to automate the print jobs using  white Framework and C#. Till opening a document its working fine but after that if I am getting any error from the application site then I am getting stuck. If possible can you please share any link or sample application who will print a document automatically in a proper way. I posted my sample code in this http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/BasantaPadhi.