The future of White

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I was looking at activities in Google code of White and notice that no more work has been done on White after mid 2010 neither on code nor wiki pages. It either means that White is good enough at the state it is or it's abandoned. I'm asking this question for myself or any other .NET team who may want to invest time on adopting White framework, considering White as one of the best code based test tools available out there.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM

I have moved white source control to github. https://github.com/petmongrels/white

I didn't announce it because the older release code is still on googlecode.

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Thanks. That explains it. Any plans for a new release?

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM

There is one but I have not been able to spend enough time to get it out of the door. For the next the crucial bit is 64 bit which is done on trunk. I am thinking of doing the release by the end of this month, whatever features are ready by then.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:03 AM

It would seem logical to eventually update the project site to point to where the latest files are (on github). No point in leaving project unlinked/orphaned this way like the googe code page that doesn't appear to link to CodePlex page here.

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Yes that would happen with the next release announcement. Since there has not been any release from github I haven't made this info official on the website yet.