Mouse clicking in top left of screen.

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I have looked through quite a few of the discussions and have not found anyone else having the following issue. If it has been discussed in another thread please feel free to point me in that direction and I'll read on in there if there is a solution.

I've noticed that sometimes the mouse goes up to the top left of the screen and then clicks multiple times. If you have an application open in full screen this can result in the application being closed. The strange thing is that my test will still execute correctly, so it's not clicking the top left in place of clicking the control I was wanting to click. It still goes ahead and clicks the correct control afterwards. So it seems to be doing this while I'm searching through the window's controls. I've also noticed that it sometimes causes drop downs to open and close while searching through the control tree. 

Have I implemented something incorrectly to cause these results, or is there a known issue and perhaps a work around?

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM

we know this problem as well. This Problem occours if there is an internal problem with the Bounds (Rect) element or the clickable point. In this cases the curser moves to the top left corner of the screen.

We don't found the problem. In some cases this problem vanishes if the development of the application under test steps forward.

Out tests starts the application with a little offset to the top left corner and don't use maximize in tests we know taht these problem aoours.

If we need a resized Window we resize it manually (change height and width)

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Throndorin, I've also been using the approach of not having maximised windows when this occurs. I was just hoping there was a known cause and hopefully a solution that I could implement in the code so my users wouldn't need to know when to set the screen size. I will look further into the issue myself and if I find anything I'll be sure to come back and post my findings.