Can White only use nunit.framework.dll(

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I have used White 2.0, but the version of nunit.framework.dll in White 2.0 is, so there are some attributes in NUnit, which can not be used,

e.g. Values, Sequential. Those can make the test case repeatable. I have changed the nunit.framework.dll into in the Reference in Visual Studio.

But the problem comes. When I use Nunit.exe to run the test case. At the beginning, it shows always

SetUp : System.IO.FileLoadException : The file or Assembly "nunit.framework, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=96d09a1eb7f44a77" or the dependence of it is not found. The Manifestdefinition of the assembly does not match with the reference of  the Assembly. (Exception of HRESULT: 0x80131040)" 

I don't quite understand, which Assemly it means. I don't think it is the Assembly of my visual C# project and "White.Core.dll.config", because there is no version information about NUnit. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks very much!

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM

we use also an actual version of nunit and does not have any problems,

does the build copy the nunit dll to the correct folder?, are there other references to the old version? have you deleted the build folder completly?

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Hallo, Throndorin,

thanks. I have find how to solve the problem. I have thought others.

But the problem is caused by "Verify.AreEqual()" in White.NUnit.dll.

I don't know what is the difference between White.NUnit.dll and nunit.framework.dll.

Verify function is the only one in White.NUnit.dll, but it makes the above problem. But why?

Oct 4, 2010 at 7:37 AM

due to the Nunit releases, there are some changes in some Asserts, so the installed Nunit version and the used version from white might not match.

We ever use the nunit.framework.dll from nunit which should be from the same build as the installed nunit.