Modal and Mdi windows

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Can someone please provide an example where we can use Modal or Mdi windows?

When I close my Main window, a popup window appears with the mesage with Save and Cancel, button. I want to close the popup window by clicking on Save button. How do i handle that popup window? I know i can use the butotn.click () but I don't know how to refer to the popup window. I have sen the example of Modal and Mdi child window however i do not quite understand and unbale to use it. Thanks in advance.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Hi

to be sure all modal windows are closed

List<Window> windows = application.ModalWindows();

while (windows!=null)

{

windows[0}.Close();

windows = application.ModalWindows();

}

maybe you should enter a search for ok and cancel button, if the titelbar close button is disabled.

Throndorin

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Thanks for the response however, how do I refer to the popup window,not only in this scenario but in any scenario. Also, I can not just close the window, i want to click on Save button.  Is Modal window means  a popup window? What  is Mdi window?

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Hi

I'm not sure what mdi window is :)

debug to the point and have a look for application.GetWindows() or  mainwindow.ModalWindows()

Throndorin

Von: sonia123 [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. September 2010 15:22
An: Kamsties, Michael
Betreff: Re: Modal and Mdi windows [white:226105]

Thanks for the response however, how do I refer to the popup window,not only in this scenario but in any scenario. Also, I can not just close the window, i want to click on Save button. Is Modal window means a popup window? What is Mdi window?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (white@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email white@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Ok, Thanks a lot.