Popup checker

Feb 14, 2008 at 1:50 PM
A popup checker will be usefull. When doing test sometimes something fales and a popup window popes up with a error.
With the process info you can find the processid. All the windows created within the application are child processes from this process.
Is it possible to check every window that generated to see if its a child process?
The problem is to detect if a new window is created. I don't know if there is api to check this?
Feb 14, 2008 at 4:24 PM
I understand your annoyance about popping up windows. I agree with you that there should be a checker, I would try to implement something which solves this problem.
Meanwhile, this is what I do, make sure that no such windows appear while you are running tests. There are always some preferences using which you can suppress these.

But I am little confused about rest of your message about child process. I am assuming you were asking for something in API using which you can detect new windows. No there isnt anything right now. But you can look at UIAutomation api to do this.

I am adding this problem to feature list for next release.
Feb 15, 2008 at 7:06 AM
Sometimes when testing I want to recieve a error message so removing all messages is no option.
The rest of the message was a possible sollution.
I checked the UIAutomation api to do that. The only way to hook to a window is to connect to it when it already exists but then I already know the window is there. So the function in the UIAutomation api is useless.