Custom Control Support

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:21 AM
Hi - thanks for releasing this. Like Ben Hall, I was thinking of writing something similar - I hope this project gains momentum.

Do you know how it can be extended to support third party controls? In our team we use Syncfusion's Winforms controls quite extensively, and would love to be able to test these items. I would be happy to contribute if pointed in the right direction.

Also, I don't think white supports the .net 2.0 menu controls which I seem to recall is a limitation of Microsoft's UIA - still it would be good to code in a workaround so that menus can be more fully supported.

Thanks

Simon
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2008 at 5:48 AM
{quote}
smwhit wrote:
Do you know how it can be extended to support third party controls? In our team we use Syncfusion's Winforms controls quite extensively, and would love to be able to test these items. I would be happy to contribute if pointed in the right direction.

I think there should be a neater way to support custom controls. This should come out in next release. For now you can need to create your own wrapper and instantiate it with custom control by doing this.
UIItem customControl = window.Get(SearchCriteria));
MyDataGrid dataGrid = new MyDataGrid(customControl.AutomationElement, window);

For implementation of my datagrid I think you should have a look at any of the UIItems in white source code which are composed of secondary items. Best one would be Table class.

{quote}
smwhit wrote:
Also, I don't think white supports the .net 2.0 menu controls which I seem to recall is a limitation of Microsoft's UIA - still it would be good to code in a workaround so that menus can be more fully supported.
ToolStrip has a problem on certain machines and on certain machines it works fine. Yes this is a UIA problem. I have to figure out how to solve this. For workaround we were using keyboard short cuts. But yes this needs fixing, I would probably try to get help of windows messages for this.

I am adding both of these as things to be fixed in next release, as I feel they are quite important.

I am trying to get to a mode where are I can do nightly kind of releases.
Thanks
Aug 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Is there any support for this control yet? If so can you post sample code for the custom syncfusion grid?