Modal of a Modal

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:08 PM

My application opens a modal window which contain a tab control. When clicking on a checkbox on an item in the tab opens another modal window.  I am having problems locating the second modal window. Wen I use VisualUIAVerify to look for the window it will not appear unless I use the Focus tracking and then click on the window. At which point it shows as being a child of the tab control.

How do I go about getting the Monal of a Mondal widow?

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:52 AM

can you try to get a list of modal windows using

List<Window> windows =  mainwindow.ModalWindows();

have a look at the list, is the modal window part of it?

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:25 PM
When I get the list from the main window it only returns the first modal window, and only shows the count as 1. The app I am trying to automation is the SQL Server Profiler. (The command line options do not provide the support I need.) (See steps below) The second Connect to Server dialog shows up as a child of the General TabPage in the VisualUIAVerify application. White.REcorder.exe does not show the dialog either. Steps to get to the screen I am having problems with: Launch Profiler90.exe (SQL2005) File -> New Trace Connect To Server (modal window, no problem) Enter info to connect to a server Trace Properties dialog opens (modal window, no problems) On the General Tab check "Save to table" This opens another "Connect to Server" dialog. (This is the dialog I can not see.) Thomas.
Jun 21, 2010 at 5:42 AM

can you get elements from the dialog, using the TabPage as parent?

try also

AutomatinElement element = parent.GetElement(SearchCriteria.....));

for Example Button

Button button = new Buttonm(element, parent.ActionListener);