Silverlight tests not working unless RDP connection open

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Hi All,

I have a few Silverlight UI tests that I'm automating with White.  These tests are subsequently run by a TFS build agent, which is running interactively so it can access the desktop.

The build passes if I have a Remote Desktop connection open to the build agent as the tests are run; I can see the mouse pointer moving around.  When the test clicks on a HyperlinkButton navigation takes place, and is subsequently verified by assertions within the test.

The build fails if I do not have a Remote Desktop connection open to the build agent as the tests are run.  The Internet Explorer window is created and the Silverlight app loads, but no clicks happen; the application remains on the initial page and test assertions subsequently fail.

Has anyone experienced this problem, & if so, did you manage to find a solution?  TIA for any advice ...

Duncan Bayne

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:19 AM

I found this on the website

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM
deepban74 wrote:

I found this on the website

Thanks - that's definitely the problem I'm experiencing:

White programs run like how a user would run the application under test. This means that these programs would need to run in active windows session and would use actual keyboard and mouse.

If I'm not connected to the machine, there is no keyboard or mouse for White to drive.  So, it looks like I'll have to ensure that the machine on which the UATs run is logged in at all times.