How can I get the cell value in WPF Data Grid without refresh the page

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Hi all,

I am using White to test WPF Data Grid, I updated one cell of the datagrid and then want to verify whether the cell value has been changed.

No matter how I work, I cannot get the cell value after my update, unless I close the current tab and re-open it.

I tried to re-capture (initialize) the current window after update, but the cell value I got is still empty string (event the previous value was not empty).

Has anybody met this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Leo

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I have had a similar problem

but hat was wrong devoloed in the system under test. The displayed value was correct but the automation element value not.

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Throndorin wrote:

I have had a similar problem

but hat was wrong devoloed in the system under test. The displayed value was correct but the automation element value not.

Thanks Throndorin,

Is it a issue which can be solved from developer side?

If yes, what exactly should I tell them to fix in this case?

Thanks a lot!

Leo

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hi

I'm not quite sure, as I remember there was a difference between initialize the grid and change to a new value, there are several ways to set the value using the databinding or oterh ways so it is visisble for the user, but not all ways are visible for UIAutomation.

use UIAVerify and debug with the developer, if you have direct access to him. It's the easiest way I think. If I found time I will ask our developer, what we have changed to get it work.

Throndorin

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM
That will be great, thanks a lot!