White with Infragistics WPF controls

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Hi

I would like to understand if White can work with Infragistics WPF controls. I am in the process of tool selection to automate the tesitng of application with Infragistics WPF controls.

Please help me understand.

Thanks

Komala

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Hi

first use UISpy or UIAVerify to check which parts of the UI are visible.

I think most of the controls are custom so you had to read the Part of CustomUIItems in teh documentation

have a look for Infragistics in the forum search you will find some posts of other which the same problem.

Throndorin

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Next release of White would allow to add automation support for any thirdparty controls yourself. Please watch out for that.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM

That’s good to know; but do we know when will the next release be available.

Thanks

Komala Chandran
Consultant | Technology
1 New York Plaza, 18th Floor | New York, NY 10004
Phone: +1 212 276-3938
Komala.Chandran@morganstanley.com

Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:15 AM
To: Chandran, Komala (IT)
Subject: Re: White with Infragistics WPF controls [white:197904]

Next release of White would allow to add automation support for any thirdparty controls yourself. Please watch out for that.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (white@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email white@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error. We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I am hoping end of this month.

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:56 PM

That’s great!

Thanks

Komala Chandran
Consultant | Technology
1 New York Plaza, 18th Floor | New York, NY 10004
Phone: +1 212 276-3938
Komala.Chandran@morganstanley.com

Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 11:51 AM
To: Chandran, Komala (IT)

I am hoping end of this month.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (white@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email white@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error. We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.

May 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

I have recently implemented Infragistics XamDataGrid automation control (very simple implementation) based on white Table control.

During the implementation I faced the following issues:

1. Unable to implement custom control outside White.Core assembly because of internal static members (keyboard, mouse ...)

2. To overcome the first point I extended Table control in separate assembly.

3. To enable white control mappings I had to change the source of White.Core.Mappings which I would like to do by simply calling some method in runtime or adding some file with configuration.

Other than this everything was fine.

Could you explain what is the right way of extending the White with 3rd party controls?

P.S. If you want I can share the code with White project.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2010 at 7:29 AM

CustomUIItem and CustomCommands are two ways of extending white controls.

I dont know which version of white you were using but most methods in Mouse and Keyboard are public as of 0.20.

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Would you be able to share a code sample of using White with an Infragistics XamDataGrid as I am about to start on some automated UI testing a WPF application which heavily uses Infragistics controls?

Thanks,
David 

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2010 at 2:53 AM

You can checkout the source code of white and look at the unit tests.

Aug 22, 2010 at 6:02 AM
-original message-
Date: 22/08/2010 8:24 am

You can checkout the source code of white and look at the unit tests.